Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

5th Entry: Almost Arrested

So I work at Burger King, and on sunday night, I went over to get something to eat at around 10.  I saw the manager and we chatted a bit until my friend called, so I walked outside to answer. Meanwhile, a scruffy-looking older man walked inside the restaurant and was in side for quite sometime. So i was still out side for about 30 minutes or so, talking on my phone pacing around, and then a police car pulls up and the cop comes out and says "Hey you! come over here!" I was shocked, so I walked over still on the phone and the cop says "Put your hands up and hang up your phone!" So I quickly hung up and put my phone in my pocket. Then the cop asked if I had any weapons on me and I replied NO. Then he asks if he can check and basically pat me down. So of course I had to comply. So he told me to put my hands behind my head and so I did, then he grabbed my hands to make sure I didn't move while he patted me down. During all of this I was still in shock and I was hoping i didn't get arrested. Then when the search was done, another guy said "I don't think he is the one". (Ya think???) Then the other cop went inside Burger King and said "He's in here!". So then the cop looked at me and apologized for the "inconvenience". After that, I walked to the front of the building to where I see the other cop was doing a cavity search on the scruffy-looking older man who walked inside earlier. The first cop the apologized to me again as I walked inside to find out WTF was going on. It turns out that the scruffy looking older guy was a hobo who was loitering inside the restaurant, acting suspicious. The manager then said if the "hobo" didn't leave, he would have to call the cops. Apparently, the manager called the police but he didn't describe the hobo in full detail. He simply said the "hobo" was in all black, which was what color I was wearing as well. Finally, the cop walked in, apologized to me a third time, informed the manager of the current situation of the "hobo', and left. I explained my story to the manager and asked that he provide a more detailed description of the loiterer next time it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment